Stretching is an exercise that is designed to extend the limbs as well as muscles to their full extent to serve several fitness purposes. Being a natural activity, stretching can be done at any time of the day. It helps in many ways. Not only human beings but animals like dogs, cats, tigers, and lions also performed stretching. Stretching should be performed right after awakening from sleep to keep your body fit and firm. There are a series of exercises that lead to stretching exercises. Regular stretching exercise is an important part of any kind of exercise program. But there should be a special process of stretching and you must have to maintain all the essential parts of a stretching exercise.
Benefits of stretching:
- Stretching enhance the ability to learn as well as perform skilled movements
- It also helps to enhance the basic physical fitness
- Stretching exercises enhances the improvement of human body awareness
- By stretching you can also increase both your mental as well as physical relaxation capabilities.
- Stretching exercises reduces muscle soreness and fatigue
- It also decreases the risk of severe injury to joints, tendons, and muscles
- Stretching exercise increases the pliancy of a person due to the stimulation or production of the chemicals that lubricate connective tissues
- These stretching exercises also reduce muscular tension
Many people make lots of mistakes while doing stretching exercises. But sometimes, all these mistakes create serious problems in the body. So, do follow the proper stretching processes while you are doing stretching exercises. Some major as well as common mistakes that are made during stretching are given below.
You should avoid these mistakes-
- Most people do not take adequate rest between workouts
- Improper warm-up can also be the cause of severe injury or health problem
- Performing the wrong exercises can also be one of the reasons behind a serious health problem
- Overstretching also leads to injury
- Performing exercises in the wrong sequence is a major mistake that is usually done due to stretching exercises.
Easiest ways of stretching
There are several most effective as well as helpful methods for realizing all the benefits of stretching. Here you can see the easiest ways of stretching and their processes.
- Several special stretching exercises:
- Quadriceps Stretch
- Hamstring Stretch
- Piriformis Stretch
- Gastroc Stretch
- Soleus Stretch
Stretching is an integral part of warming up. A perfect warming-up process can increase your body temperature by one or two degrees Celsius.
There are three types of warming-up processes-
- General warm-up
- Sport-specific activity
- While doing stretching, one has to rotate some body parts which are included-
- fingers and knuckles
- trunk or waist
Stretching makes a person physically fit and mentally active. So, to make yourself fit and fine, each day you should have to perform all the essential stretching exercises. All the stretching exercises are made to keep people strong and to make muscles active. These stretching exercises also improve the circulation of blood throughout the body.