Aadhaar PVC is the latest type of Aadhaar introduced by the unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) in october 2020. It’s sturdy and simple to hold. The PVC-based Aadhaar card contains a digitally signed QR code along with your photograph and demographic details and comes with multiple security measures. The PVC is essentially a plastic card with details about Aadhaar printed on that.
The UIDAI has introduced many forms of Aadhaar from time to time like Aadhaar letter, eAadhaar & mAadhaar for the convenience of the residents. All varieties of Aadhaar are recognised as proof of identity. An Indian citizen will choose to have any form of Aadhaar according to their selection.
What is Aadhaar PVC Card?
In India, an Aadhaar card works as an identification proof of an individual. This unique number is only issued to the residents of India. It is a 12-digit number issued by the Government Authority of India (UIDAI). It is only issued after obtaining the biometric information and the minimal demographic to satisfy the verification of an individual. Once the Aadhaar number is issued then it will never reassign to any other individual as it inter-linked to the individual’s biometric. Therefore, no duplicate Aadhaar number can be made or used after the issuance of the original one. For the convenience of the residents, the UIDAI has launched time to time development in the Aadhaar in various forms such as E-Aadhaar, M-Aadhaar, Aadhaar letter, etc.
PVC Card is the latest form of Aadhaar introduced by the UIDAI. The full form of PVC card is a “Polyvinyl Chloride card”. UIDAI has allowed reprinting the Aadhaar on PVC and can obtain it by applying it on the UIDAI website. One can choose any form of the Aadhaar as per their choice as all the forms of the Aadhaar are equally valid but, PVC Aadhaar which has been launched recently is more convenient and durable than others as it carries better features and benefits.
Features of PVC Card
The PVC Card has launched by UIDAI with lots of new features which are listed below:
- PVC Card contains a security QR Code.
- It also has micro text.
- It carries the issue date and print date.
- It has an embossed Aadhaar logo.
- It is introduced in the Guilloche pattern.
Benefits of PVC Card
The PVC card has many benefits which are explained below:
- The size of the PVC card is as similar to the ATM card or debit card because of the variability of the pocket size so that, it becomes more convenient for an individual to carry it inside the wallet as compared to the long Aadhaar letter form.
- It is safe, secure, durable, and convenient to carry.
- It is verifiable offline instantly.
- It has many security features such as the digital signed QR Code with a photograph.
How to Apply for Aadhaar PVC Card?
You can apply for the Aadhaar PVC Card online. The steps to apply it online are explained below:
- Visit the official website of the Aadhaar and under the tab “My Aadhaar” click on the option “Order Aadhaar PVC”.
- Now, enter your Aadhaar number, Virtual ID, OR Enrolment number (EID).
- Then, enter the security code.
- Click on the “SENT OTP” to receive a one-time password on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile.
- Then, you must choose the “Terms and Condition box” and click on the option of “Submit” button.
- After this, you will get a preview of your Aadhar card details on the screen.
- You have to verify your details and click on the option of “Make Payments”.
- Now, choose the payment option as per your choice. If you wish to pay through the debit or credit card then you can click on the Card (debit/credit) and if you won’t pay through net-banking then you have to click on the option of “Net-banking”. Click on the “UPI” to make the payment through the UPI system. The amount obtained for the payment of the PVC card is Rs.50 only.
- Once you make the payment, the payment receipt is also generated for you. By clicking on the option of “Download Payment Receipt” you will be able to download this receipt in the PDF form also.
- After receiving the order/request of the PVC card the UIDAI will hand over it within five working days to the Department of Post and from there, it will be sent to you through the speed post.
How to check the status of PVC Card Application
Once you place an order for your Aadhaar PVC Card, you can be able to check your status of the application. You just have to follow the simple steps given below to do so…
- At first, you have to visit the official website of the Aadhaar, and there, under the tab of “My Aadhaar” click on the option of “Check Aadhaar PVC Card Status”.
- Then, enter your Aadhaar number and security code.
- After that, click on the “Send OTP” to receive a one-time password on your mobile.
- Then, enter the OTP you received on your mobile to proceeds further.
- Now, choose the box of the “Terms & Condition” and also click on the “Submit” option.
- The “Status” and the “SRN Number” will appear on your screen.
- Click on the “Download Acknowledgement Slip” to download your Acknowledgment slip.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. What do you mean by the ‘SRN Number’?
Ans. Service Request Number contains 28 digits. After finishing the process of your PVC Aadhaar card requesting process, the SRN Number will be generated. Whether your payment is successful or not but this number is generated each time you raise a request. The SRN Number can be viewed on the payment receipt or also displayed while checking the status of your request.
Q2. Explain the different forms of Aadhaar cards in brief.
Ans. The different forms of Aadhaar card are:
- The Aadhaar Letter: It works in the case of mandatory biometric updates or of new enrolment of an individual. It is a laminated paper-based letter that is sent to the residents.
- E-Aadhaar: It is an electronic-based Aadhaar that can be easily downloaded by its cardholder.
- M-Aadhaar: It works digitally as it can be installed on mobile phones.
- PVC Aadhaar: It is a pocket-sized Aadhaar that is convenient to carry and also durable.
These all forms mentioned above are recognized as an identity proof of only a single individual residing in India and also equally valid.
Q3. What charges are to be paid if I have to get the Aadhaar PVC Card online?
Ans. If you want to receive your Aadhaar PVC card online then you must be charged Rs.50 in online payment which included the charges of GST and speed post as well.
Q4. Is that possible to change the details of the Aadhaar PVC card before ordering it?
Ans. Yes, you can change the details of the PVC card before ordering, there along with your details, a preview of your PVC card is also displayed which asks you to provide your registered mobile number. At this place, if you want to change any detail then you can go back by clicking on the option of “Cancel”.
And if in case you want to make the changes in your Aadhaar letter or Aadhaar card then you can visit the SSUP portal Or the Permanent Enrolment Centre and after making all the required changes in the details, you can apply for the Aadhaar PVC card.
Q5. If I don’t have the registered mobile number of my own, can I still request the Aadhaar PVC card?
Ans. Yes, you can still apply for the Aadhaar PVC card as there is an option provided as “My mobile number is not registered” while applying for the Aadhaar PVC card. So, if you don’t have any registered mobile number of then you can search this option and enter your alternate mobile number and then click on the “Send OTP” option to receive the OTP on your non-registered mobile number. At last, you just have to enter the OTP and continue the process further.