PMJDY Application Form: To provide financial support, service, and product to every citizen of the country who does not have bank account access, the Government of India has launched the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY). Some of the financial services offered to the bank holders of the PMJDY scheme are insurance, banking, and pension. The PMJDY Scheme was launched in August 2014 and according to the Ministry of Finance, till September 2014 over 4 crore banks account with zero balance have been opened under this scheme.
The PMJDY is an innovative scheme to ensure that every individual of the different parts of India is financially connected with also boosting the social security in India. However, the main aim of the PMJDY scheme is to foster the trend of savings in every citizen of the country by availing the savings account to each family to the rural, semi-urban as well as urban parts of India. This scheme has come up with the life insurance cover and accidental insurance cover to their account holder.
Application Form of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
An individual can download the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana application form from the official website, fill it up, and can easily submit it to any local and nearest bank branch. However, some KYC document are also required along with the application form to avail the PMJDY scheme.
To avail of the facilities provided under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana scheme, the applicant needs to duly fill and submit the following contents of the form that are listed as under:
- Full Name
- Name of Father/Spouse
- Pin Code
- Telephone & Mobile Number
- Marital Status
- Aadhar Number
- MNREGA Job Card NumbeR
- Annual Income
- Asset Details
- Number of Dependents
- Kisan Credit Card Details
- Existing Bank Account Number if any
Bank details in which the account has been opened
- Name of the bank branch
- Name of the Applicant’s village or town
- Sub District or Block Name
- District Name
- Village Code or Town Code
- SSA Code or Ward Number
- Name of the Nominee
- Date of Birth of the Nominee in case of Minor
- Personal authorized to receive the funds in case of the death occurs of the minor nominee
Process of PMJDY Account Opening
The applicant has to submit the duly filled copy of the PMJDY application form to the bank branch in which he/she wishes to open the account because in every bank, there is a desk where the applicant will be helped by the Jan Dhan Professionals who are usually called as bank mitr. The applicant can take help from them in the submission and account opening procedures to obtain an account under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana scheme. However, this application form for the account opening is submitted along with certain ID proofs such as identity proof and address proofs but if the applicant has a valid Aadhar number with him/her then he/she is not required to submit any other proofs. Moreover, the applicant has to provide two passport-sized photographs to the bank during the time of opening the account under the PMJDY scheme.
Although, once the documents are submitted successfully then the account will be opened within a few working days and the applicant will be provided with a cheque book, a passbook, a RuPay debit card, and Jan Dhan Yojana information kit.
Download Application Form PMJDY Account
The following steps have to be taken for downloading the application form to open a bank account under the PMJDY scheme.
- Firstly, to apply for the account under PMJDY, the applicant will be required to download the application form in PDF format that is available in both languages (English & Hindi) from the official website. However, the applicant can choose the PDF Format file at their convenience.
- Secondly, in the downloaded form, the applicant has to fill up the name of the bank along with the bank code and other main details of the bank such as bank branch, name of the village or town, district, state, etc.
- Thirdly, the applicant then enters their details such as name, address, Aadhar number, occupation, annual income, details of the Kisan credit card, and existing bank account of his/her family members. Also, remember to tick the checkbox to receive a RuPay debit card.
- At last, the applicant has to fill up the nominee details under this form and submit it to the nearest bank branch.
- The applicant should also ensure to fill the form accurately before submitting and if in case of any query the applicant can also approach the bank’s officials to make the clarifications related to the application form.
Documents Required for PMJDY Account
Despite this, the following documents are also required to submit along with the application form to avail of the benefits of this scheme:
- Voter ID Card
- Ration Card
- Pan Card
- Aadhar Card
- Permanent/Temporary Address proof along with its electricity bill, gas connection bills, and water bills
- Government ID proof
- Any other document if required by the bank
Hence, after submitting this form and once the account has been set up. The account holder can be able to avail the facility to take a loan of up to Rs. 5,000 after maintaining a healthy account for the first six months of opening the account under this scheme. Moreover, the account holder can also avail the insurance cover worth Rs. 30,000 in certain conditions with including the possession of an accidental insurance policy of more than Rs. 2 lacs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Where can I open a bank account under the PMJDY scheme?
Ans. You can open a bank account under the PMJDY scheme from any bank providing the facility of this scheme or from any other business correspondent outlets. Although every second bank has participated in this scheme so, you can easily reach out to the nearest bank branch to avail this scheme.
Q2. What is the maximum amount offered in the life insurance cover under the PMJDY scheme?
Ans. The PMJDY scheme offers a maximum amount of Rs. 30,000 in the life insurance cover.
Q3. Can I avail the overdraft/loan facility under the PMJDY scheme?
Ans. Yes, the account holder can avail the overdraft facility up to Rs. 5,000 towards the bank account opened under the PMJDY scheme. But, to avail this benefit, the account holder has to maintain his/her account healthily for six months after opening the account.
Q4. Do I need to pay any processing fee or upfront commission to process the loan against my account?
Ans. No, there is no need to pay any processing fee or upfront commission to process the loan against the account under this scheme as all the processes are free of cost.
Q5. What is the minimum age required to become eligible to open the bank account of minors under the PMJDY scheme?
Ans. The minimum age required for minors should be of 10 years to open a bank account under this scheme.